Monday, April 5, 2010

Special Easter


What an Easter afternoon! We were blessed to have my parents and our daughter and her family come for Easter lunch after church. After lunch, we did the one thing that we all enjoy when we get together: we play music. Our daughter plays the fiddle, our 12 year old grandson plays the mandolin, my dad plays the dobro, and I play the piano. My husband got in on the fun too; he is learning to play the banjo. I am attempting it too, but right now I am better on the piano. I have been playing since I was a teenager. My son-in-law has a beautiful voice so he sang lead. My mother helped him. Our youngest grandson (10) just got a trumpet from his great-grand father. Maybe next year he will be playing too. My mother took this picture of us all together. How many families are blessed with four generations that can play music together?

No comments:

Post a Comment